Above photo by: Emily Becker
Jaclyn never would have guessed that God would call her into Student Ministry, but that is exactly what happened the summer after graduating from college in 2004. She has served churches in Oklahoma and Kentucky. As a middle school youth pastor at her first church in Oklahoma she met the love of her life, Josh, who happened to be the high school youth pastor. They were married in 2007. In 2010, Josh and Jaclyn moved to Louisville, KY for Josh to attend seminary and for Jaclyn to work at Southeast Christian Church on the Middle School Ministry team. After adding two kids in 11 weeks (1 foster/1 biological), Jaclyn stepped out of day-to-day ministry to focus on speaking and being a full-time mom. Today you can find Jaclyn chasing her three children, supporting her husband who is a full-time pastor, mentoring other foster parents, and speaking to students whenever the opportunity arises. Jaclyn's ministry influence has only continued to increase through speaking at conferences, camps, and other church events.
- Jaclyn is an adoptive mom.
- Favorite color: Orange
- Favorite food: Mom's Shrimp Pasta
- Vacation spot: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Starbucks Iced Coffee with Coconut Milk
- Boomer Sooner! Oklahoma Sooners!
- Childhood Profession of Choice: Paleontologist.
- Nickname: Jsmiles
- Bible Verse: "The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught." - Isaiah 50:4
- Jaclyn teaches tennis
- Favorite Fast Food: Chick-fil-A
- Favorite Dog: Great Dane
- Current Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky